Zabbix Specialist course
This 3 day Zabbix Specialist training ensures easy understanding of Zabbix concepts and structure for the information technology professionals, who need to run Zabbix efficiently and provide support to other Zabbix users.
The training programs are intended for IT administrators and auditors, system integrators, and other personnel that deals with IT infrastructure monitoring. No prior knowledge of Zabbix Software is required, but all trainees should have advanced computer literacy and knowledge of Linux OS.
Even administrators with several years of experience in Zabbix software find attending these trainings beneficial, as they are still missing out on some great features and best practices that came along just recently.
Quality of provided services is crucial to Zabbix. We work individually with each trainee to ensure that after completing the training even a beginner will be fully qualified to manage Zabbix software efficiently. The knowledge obtained during the training will never become irrelevant to any Zabbix version.
The course will include a official Zabbix exam to obtain the “Zabbix Certified Specialist” certificate.
We provide hosted trainings on scheduled dates but also on-company training. If you are interested in an in-company training, please contact us
- History of Zabbix
- Zabbix architecture and functionality
- Server, WEB interface and agent installation
- Initial Zabbix configuration
- Zabbix definitions
- Zabbix WEB interface overview
- Data collection – hosts, Zabbix agent checks
- Data visualization – simple graphs, overview
- Problem detection – triggers, less sensitive triggers, dependencies
- Q/A session
- Configuration management by using templates
- Agent-less monitoring
- Data collection – aggregate and calculated checks, SNMP monitoring, log file monitoring
- Inventory auto-collection
- Data visualization – custom graphs, network maps, screens, slide shows
- Notifications and escalations – media types, actions, operations, use of macros
- Automatic recovery by using remote commands
- Host and host group level maintenance
- Zabbix Administration – working time, housekeeper, authentication, front-end scripts
- Managing permissions – users and user groups, audit
- Automatic discovery – network discovery, active agent auto-registration
- Low level discovery overview
- Web monitoring
- Command line utilities: zabbix_get, zabbix_sender
- Business level monitoring – IT Services, SLA, reports
- XML Import/Export
- Proxy overview
- Backup procedures
- Maintenance and operations – best practices, DB sizing, upgrades
- Development and release policy
- Certification (Exam)